5/05/2006

Being a Film Fellow is a huge opportunity for me. The program is great because it is a rare experience with great kids. The directors of the program and all of Tribeca don’t treat us like kids; they treat us like filmmakers in the Festival. In the program, we go to screenings, have discussions with people in the business and we have a mentor to help us out with our film ideas. We learn all the things that go into a film festival such as reviews, line ups, setting up, ads, getting people to come, transferring the movies to HD, viewing the movies, arranging the theaters and much more. Additionally, we also learn all the aspects of making a movie.

On Sunday we saw a few short films, which were interesting because I have been making shorts, so this was another good learning experience. After the short films, we had a Q&A from the cast of Torte Bluma. A lot of great questions were asked and I learned a lot.

On Monday, we saw Word.Life, the Hip Hop Project, it was inspiring as it made me understand all of the opportunities I have and reminded me not to be lazy. It was a great documentary.

We went to the Mission Impossible 3 premier. The premier was fun, it was a little too crazy for me but it was still exciting being a part of it. I met my mentor on Saturday; she is great, and very knowledgeable about filmmaking. She helped me a lot with my idea. She was easy to talk to and interesting.

Today we are speaking with Whoopi Goldberg and I am looking forward to her insight and thoughts on movie making.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home